The current economic malaise has been largely interpreted as an extreme case of a typical post-war cyclical experience that the typical government policy can eradicate. However, the lingering nature of the recession with the fear of the double dip raises the question of whether this is a longer term secular experience that behaves differently than the garden type cyclical experience.
About the Spellman ReportLew Spellman is a Professor of Finance at the University of Texas McCombs School of Business. The Spellman Report seeks to interpret current and future trends in the economy and financial markets from the perspective of history, theory, policy and market expectations.
- The Vulnerability of Private Wealth to Government Financial Stress
- QEs, Currency Wars, the Trillion Dollar Platinum Coin and the Route to “Modern” Inflation
- VIDEO – Texas Financial Market Roundtable 2012
- Roadblocks to Recovery an Interview with Dr. Lacy Hunt
- Frank Beck on Investing in Uncertain Times