America’s Baby Bust
By JONATHAN V. LAST
Sign Up!Sign up to receive the Spellman Report. Bracing financial and economic insight. Now with free delivery!
- An Ode to George Bailey, Credit in a Banking-less World and How Much QE Is Enough
- The Writing Is on the Wall: There Will Be Wealth Taxes
- The Writing Is On the Wall: Wealth Protection in Today’s Environment
- The No Mo or Mighty Mo Forecast and Harry Truman’s Quest for a One-Armed Economist
- Regulation, Gravity and The “Isms”: The Education of a President
The Vulnerability of Private Wealth to Government Financial Stress
Related posts: The Slow-Moving Train Wreck Has Picked up Speed: Foreign Depositors in European Banks Will Be Outed Government Deficits and Government Debt: The 800 Pound Gorilla The Writing Is On the Wall: Wealth Protection in Today’s Environment VIDEO – … Continue reading →
QEs, Currency Wars, the Trillion Dollar Platinum Coin and the Route to “Modern” Inflation
A government faced with financing its deficits in quantities some multiple of private saving must resort to monetary schemes in order to keep its promises to spend. Monetary schemes are essentially costless ways to pay the government’s bills today while … Continue reading →
- The Vulnerability of Private Wealth to Government Financial Stress
About the Spellman ReportLew Spellman is a Professor of Finance at the University of Texas McCombs School of Business. The Spellman Report seeks to interpret current and future trends in the economy and financial markets from the perspective of history, theory, policy and market expectations.