About the Spellman ReportLew Spellman is a Professor of Finance at the University of Texas McCombs School of Business. The Spellman Report seeks to interpret current and future trends in the economy and financial markets from the perspective of history, theory, policy and market expectations.
- The Vulnerability of Private Wealth to Government Financial Stress
- QEs, Currency Wars, the Trillion Dollar Platinum Coin and the Route to “Modern” Inflation
- VIDEO – Texas Financial Market Roundtable 2012
- Roadblocks to Recovery an Interview with Dr. Lacy Hunt
- Frank Beck on Investing in Uncertain Times
Tag Archives: Financing government debt
A government faced with financing its deficits in quantities some multiple of private saving must resort to monetary schemes in order to keep its promises to spend. Monetary schemes are essentially costless ways to pay the government’s bills today while … Continue reading